LifeSteps Training is the education component of Community Lifeline Center. The focus is on giving individuals the training and support necessary to overcome obstacles to employment and self-sufficiency. LifeSteps provides valuable tools to help individuals develop skills and self-confidence in a supportive environment.
Drawing in each class for a $20 gasoline voucher.
Sign up for more than one CLC class for more than one opportunity!
CLASSES ARE FREE AND OPEN TO THE COMMUNITY DUE TO GENEROUS FINANCIAL AND VOLUNTEER SUPPORT.
LifeSteps Class Descriptions
Class space is limited. For questions or to register call CLC today – 972.542.0020
New Direction for Your Credit Register now!
(1st Wednesday, 1:00 pm to 2:30 pm)
- Establishing Credit
- Consumer Credit Scores
- 3 Credit Reporting Bureaus
- Checking Credit and Disputing Incorrect Data
- Sample “Tough Times” Letter to Creditors
Managing Your Money Register now!
(2nd Wednesday, 1:00pm to 2:30pm)
- Developing a Simple Budget
- Controlling Cash Flow Between Paychecks
- Checking and Savings Accounts
- Debit Cards vs. Credit Cards
- Planning for Purchases by Setting Goals
- Creating an Annual Budget
Bouncing Back When Your Income Drops Register now!
(3rd Wednesday, 1:00 pm to 2:30 pm)
- The 5 Stages of Grief
- Reducing Expenses, Now
- Shopping Smart (Understanding Unit Pricing)
- Ideas to Stretch Your Household Dollars
- Pricing Items to Sell (Understanding Depreciation)
- Creating New Sources of Income
Community Lifeline Center also offers the following classes by appointment only. Call 972-542-0020 to register:
- Job Seeker’s Tools for Success (Resume/Cover Letter Tips, Practice Interviewing, Your Personal Commercial)
- Basic Word 101 (Start-up, Explain the Ribbon-Create Document/Insert/Delete/Cut/Copy/Save/Print Text)
- Basic Word 102 (The Ribbon – Font/Paragraphs/Line Spacing/Indenting/Tabs/Creating Lists/Borders/Charts)
- Basic Excel (Create/Open/Save/Preview/Print/Close a Workbook, Editing/Formatting Cells, Creating Formulas)