LifeSteps Training is the education component of Community Lifeline Center. The focus is on giving individuals the training and support necessary to overcome obstacles to employment and self-sufficiency. LifeSteps provides valuable tools to help individuals develop skills and self-confidence in a supportive environment.
Classes are free and open to the community due to generous donor and volunteer support. Class space is limited. For questions or to register call CLC today – 972.542.0020
LifeSteps Class Descriptions:
New Direction for Your Credit Click here to register now!
(1st Wednesday, 1:00 pm to 2:30 pm)
- Establishing Credit
- Consumer Credit Scores
- 3 Credit Reporting Bureaus
- Checking Credit and Disputing Incorrect Data
- Sample “Tough Times” Letter to Creditors
Managing Your Money Click here to register now!
(2nd Wednesday, 1:00 pm to 2:30 pm)
- Developing a Simple Budget
- Controlling Cash Flow Between Paychecks
- Checking and Savings Accounts
- Debit Cards vs. Credit Cards
- Planning for Purchases by Setting Goals
- Creating an Annual Budget
Bouncing Back When Your Income Drops Click here to register now!
(3rd Wednesday, 1:00 pm to 2:30 pm)
- The 5 Stages of Grief
- Reducing Expenses, Now
- Shopping Smart (Understanding Unit Pricing)
- Ideas to Stretch Your Household Dollars
- Pricing Items to Sell (Understanding Depreciation)
- Creating New Sources of Income
Community Lifeline Center also offers the following classes by appointment only. Call 972-542-0020 to register:
Job Seeker’s Tools for Success (Resume/Cover Letter Tips, Practice Interviewing, Your Personal Commercial)
Basic Word 101 (Start-up, Explain the Ribbon-Create Document/Insert/Delete/Cut/Copy/Save/Print Text)
Basic Word 102 (The Ribbon – Font/Paragraphs/Line Spacing/Indenting/Tabs/Creating Lists/Borders/Charts)
Basic Excel (Create/Open/Save/Preview/Print/Close a Workbook, Editing/Formatting Cells, Creating Formulas)