Good news! Another special utility assistance day has been planned for TXU Energy customers for Wednesday, March 25. Even though the outside temperatures are warming up, the burden on our utilities to keep homes warm and the lights on still impact the household bills. Therefore, Community Lifeline Center is grateful for the community partnership with TXU Energy in providing this special day.
Who: Persons residing in Altoga, Anna, Blue Ridge, Celina, Copeville, Farmersville, Josephine, Lavon, Lowery Crossing, McKinney, Melissa, Nevada, New Hope, Princeton, Prosper, Westminster, and Weston may be eligible.
Eligibility: Low or fixed income residents may qualify for assistance. In addition, families experiencing a short-term crisis (unemployment, medical, or other family crisis) may qualify.
What to bring:
- Photo ID
- Proof of income for the previous 30 days for each household member over the age of 18
- Current billing statement
What to do:
- Call 972-542-0020 to reserve your appointment time.
- Be prepared to give the following information when calling:
- Name as it appears on utility bill
- Account number
Appointment slots are still available. Don’t miss the opportunity to get some help to reduce your TXU Energy bill. Community Lifeline Center is ready to help you.