I need help2020-01-02T09:12:19-06:00

Community Lifeline Center encourages the economic vitality of our communities by helping residents experiencing an unforeseen crisis manage responsibly by providing education, advocacy, food, household items, and short term financial help.

how to get help

Community Lifeline Center is a lifeline to assist your family through a crisis due to sudden unemployment, unexpected medical expenses, or other issues. CLC provides essential needs in order to prevent more profound, long-term issues.

If you meet the following 2 criteria, you may be eligible to receive food and other necessities through the Lifeline Market, help paying your utility bills, or rent/mortgage assistance. Financial assistance is offered as funding is available.

Criteria #1: Live in our service area

Our service area includes individuals and families who reside in the cities of Altoga, Anna, Blue Ridge, Celina, Copeville, Farmersville, Josephine, Lavon, Lowery Crossing, McKinney, Melissa, Nevada, New Hope, Princeton, Prosper, Westminster, and Weston.

Criteria #2: Have a documented crisis

A documented crisis is a situation that came about unexpectedly and can be documented.  Such a crisis created an immediate need and was not caused by the conduct of the individual. CLC’s financial assistance is not a pension, income supplement, or an entitlement program. Note that changes in temporary or seasonal employment are not considered unexpected.

CLC provides the basics of life which may include:


Helpful information before you apply

In order to qualify for assistance, you will need to provide documentation proving loss of income in your name that has created this short-term crisis.  If you believe you qualify, you may request assistance by filling out the forms below. 

As you fill out the forms, choose the type of assistance you are applying for and complete all required sections before submitting.

Required documentation to complete the application includes the following:

  • Photo ID
  • Proof of crisis documentation (for example, notice from employer)
  • Social Security cards for all household members
  • The item you are requesting assistance with (e.g. unpaid utility bill)

Once the application with documentation is submitted, your case will be reviewed, and you will be contacted. If you have not received notification within five business days, please call the office at 972.542.0020.

IMPORTANT: follow the steps below.

Help us today and give back to our community!